CWME youth pre-conference and stewards programme
Due to limited resources, the youth pre-conference and stewards programme are being conducted in English only. All Conference delegates from 18 to 30 years of age are invited to participate.
The focus of the youth pre-conference and the stewards programme is in line with the theme of the CWME Conference. The WCC Youth Desk thus strongly recommended that the youth pre-conference and the stewards programme be merged and take place before the main CWME Conference in order to promote community-building amongst youth, the lifting up of their voices in the ecumenical movement and their efficient contribution to the Conference.
The CWME youth pre-conference and the stewards programme have been planned in co-operation with WCC Youth Desk.
To empower participants to continue in their call to be in mission together and work towards reconciliation and healing in Christ, in God's world today.
- To share young people's experiences in terms of mission as reconciliation and healing.
- To provide space for dialogue and individual reflection on the theme of the youth pre-conference.
- To reflect on the role of youth as agents of reconciliation and healing in their local communities.
- To equip participants with practical knowledge and tools useful in their various fields of involvement
- To formulate recommendations for the enhancement of youth work in mission
Duration: five(5) days
3 - 8 May 2005 : Youth pre-conference
9-16 May 2005: CWME Conference
16-18 May 2005: Stewards' post-meeting
-The 25% of the total number of CWME Conference participants who are youth, according to participation guidelines, that is, 100 participants.
- 50 stewards amongst whom 25 from Greece and 25 from all over the world.
The stewards programme is made up of three parts:
1. CWME youth pre-conference/ecumenical learning (stewards and youth delegates)
2. CWME Conference
3. Ecumenical training seminar cont.: project planning(stewards)
50 stewards from different churches and missions bodies of the world are being brought together to assist with practical tasks during the CWME Conference. Some of the task areas are:
BOOKSHOP AND LOCAL TRANSPORT
COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SERVICE
TELEPHONE AND MESSAGE SERVICE
Ecumenical learning for stewards includes an introduction to the CWME Conference and to the stewards programme, information on what is expected from them during the pre-conference, the Conference and the training itself.
The theme of the CWME youth pre-conference is the same as that of the main Conference. A one-day exposure has been designed for both stewards and youth delegates.
Stewards are being assigned to the above-mentioned task areas while youth delegates are attending the Conference.
Ecumenical Training Seminar cont.: Project Planning(stewards)
Stewards will each design a mission-focused project to be implemented upon return to their countries.